Below are some links we hope you will find helpful as you plan your trip to Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast. We are centrally located and in close proximity to all area attractions. Use Piney Hill B&B as your home base as you explore the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia through the 4 seasons. Enjoy the slide show of many of our local attractions and things to do.
Click on tab name to view information and links.
Click on names to view menus.
See how the Luray restaurants rate on Trip Advisor.
- Gathering Grounds; Dinner specials: Fri/Sat
- Dubliner’s Celtic Pub
- Circa 31
- The Speakeasy
- Rancho Viejo Mexican Grill – MENU
- West Main Market
- Triple Crown BBQ (seasonal)
- Luray Southern Grill
- Gennaro’s Italian Restaurant
- Dan’s Steakhouse
- Uncle Bucks
- Hawksbill Diner
The restaurants below are located 30-45 minutes from the Luray area. Many are near the area wineries.
- Joe’s Steakhouse: Front Royal
- Osteria 510: Front Royal
- Apt. 2G: Front Royal
- Sal’s Italian Bistro: Edinburg
- Thorton River Grille: Sperryville
- Griffin Tavern & Restaurant: Flint Hill
- 24 Crows: Flint Hill
- Flint Hill Public House: Flint Hill
- Inn at Little Washington: Washington, VA
- Local Chop & Grill House: Harrisonburg, VA
- Joshua Wilton House: Harrisonburg, VA
Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast is located within 10 to 45 minutes of the wineries, brew houses & distilleries listed below.
- Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop
- VA is for Wine Lovers
- Blue Ridge Wineway
- Wisteria Vineyard 10 minutes from the B&B
- DuCard Vineyards
- Rappahannock Cellars
- Linden Vineyards
- Shenandoah Vineyards
- Cave Ridge Vineyards
- Gadino Cellars
- Horton Vineyards
- Copper Fox Distillery
- Pen Druid Brewery
- River Hill Distillery
- Appalachian Adventures – ATV RENTALS
- Bear Mountain Ziplines
- Virginia Canopy Tours
- Massanutten Ski Resort
- Bryce Ski Resort
- Lake Arrowhead– Swimming, Fishing, Picnic Areas
- Page Valley Fly Fishing
- Caverns Country Club — (540) 743-7111
- Shenvalee Golf Resort
- Shenandoah National Park: Entrance to the Park is approx. 20 minutes from Piney Hill. Plan your hike; we are closest to the “Central District”. Click HERE to print your Hiking Trail Maps. Click HERE to see Ranger Programs.
- Shenandoah River State Park: Enjoy biking, zip lining and nature walks.
- Massanutten Mountain Trails: Approximately 15 minutes from Piney Hill.
- Kennedy Peak Trail; Massanutten Mountain
- Hawksbill Greenway: Walking, Biking
- Shenandoah River Outfitters-Canoe, Kayak & Tube Rental
- Shenandoah River Adventures-Canoe, Kayak & Tube Rental
- Page Valley Aviation-scenic flights
- Birdsong Pleasure Garden
- Tour of Page County Stage Race April 22-23-24, Contact Chris Gould, Page Valley Cycling: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Massanutten YEE-HA! Downhill Race April 30, Massanutten Resort Contact 800-207-6277 or email@example.com
- Shenandoah Time Trial June 25, Contact Chris Gould, Page Valley Cycling: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Page Valley Road Race July 30, Stanley-Ida area Contact Chris Gould, Page Valley Cycling: email@example.com
- Luray Triathlons Pre-race Clinic July 30, Lake Arrowhead, Luray Contact David Glover, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luray Triathlons August 20 & 21, Lake Arrowhead, Luray Contact David Glover, email@example.com
- The Old Country Barn Antique Gift Shop – located at Piney Hill B & B
- Shenandoah Moon
- Primitive Corner
- Virginia Gift Shop
- Courthouse Antiques
- Mountain Memories Antiques
- Page Valley Flea Market
- A Basket Case- New Market, VA
- Country Road Antiques/Gifts – New Market, VA
- Shenandoah Valley Flea Market – New Market, VA
- The Shoppes at Mauzy — Mauzy, VA
- The Shops at Ginger Hill Antiques – Washington, VA
- Green Valley Book Fair: discount book outlet store featuring over 500,000 new books at incredible bargain prices.
- Page County Heritage Festival in Luray, VA: held each October during the Columbus Day weekend
- Elkton, VA Fall Festival (Oct.): Apple butter making, arts and crafts, music and ntertainment, pony and hay rides, food, big yard sale.
- Festival of Spring: Annual spring festival Mother’s Day Saturday on Main Street in Luray
- 4th of July Fun Fest: Sunday, July 4 along the Hawksbill Greenway, fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Stanley’s Homecoming: (June 30 – July 3) Enjoy music, carnival, beauty contest, parade and fireworks in the town of Stanley; adjacent to Luray.
Here are some locations for your wedding and reception in Luray, VA.
- Khimaira Farms
- Shenandoah Woods
- Faithbrook Barn & Vineyards
- Stover Hall
- Performing Arts Luray
- Shenandoah National Park
- The Mimslyn Inn
- Warehouse Art Gallery
Note: Piney Hill does not host any wedding or reception venues. We hope you will consider one of Piney Hill B&B’s luxury cottage rentals in a private, romantic setting or guest rooms in the main house for your honeymoon as well as a lodging option for your wedding party and guests.
Do you want to avoid spending thousands of dollars on an expensive wedding? Do you want to make memories instead of payments? Get married by the Justice of the Peace in Luray, VA. Spend quality time exploring the Shenandoah Valley with your new life partner
Need some flowers for that someone special? Contact our friends at Vivian’s Flower Shop. They are located at 47 W Main St Luray, VA 22835, (540) 743-5420